Tuesday, March 5
California Statewide Summit Between Academia and Practice: Preparing the Future Public Health Nursing Workforce Using a Culture of Health Framework
As the largest segment of the healthcare workforce, nurses can meaningfully impact individuals, families, and communities through strategic population approaches. Join nursing leaders in academia and practice from across California to discuss and explore innovative ways to promote RWJF’s Culture of Health framework to enhance the preparation of the future nursing workforce serving patients and their communities.
- List two collaborative projects implemented in “non-traditional settings” that incorporate individual, community, or systems level practice.
- Describe innovative clinical placements that foster the practice of health promotion and population health.
- Describe capacity building strategies to develop high quality, non-traditional clinical sites.
- Explain the importance of synergistic approaches between nursing academia and practice to prepare the future public health nursing workforce.
- Identify 2 curriculum and faculty development initiatives to advance public health nursing education and practice
The Directors of Public Health Nursing is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 13750, for 6.5 contact hours.
Breakfast and Lunch are included with the registration fee for the day and there is complimentary self-parking on site.
Wednesday, March 6
7:30 am Registration and Breakfast
8:30 am - 4:30 pm - Conference
Wednesday is filled with presentations and updates from:
- California Department of Public Health
- Department of Health Care Services
- County Health Executives Association of California
- Health Officers Association of California
- and many more
Breakfast and Lunch are included with the registration fee for the day.
Thursday, March 7
7:30 am - Registration and Breakfast (Included)
8:30 am - 12:00 pm - Conference
Thursday's agenda will include:
- Regional Reports
- Committee Reports
- Treasure's Updates
- Strategic Plan Update
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm - Executive Committee Meeting (Lunch Included)
Reservations at The Westin Sacramento can be made through this link or by calling The Westin at 1-916-443-8400. A group rate of $169.00/night is accessible by requesting the Directors of Public Health Nursing block. Reservations must be made by 5:00 p.m. on February 10, in order to receive the conference rate. Rooms are reserved on a first come first serve basis, The Westin is expecting to sell out for the duration of the conference, please make your reservations early.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing by Tuesday, February 26, 2019.
No refunds will be made after this date. Any cancellations prior to this date will be refunded in full, minus a $50 processing fee. Please note that in the event of a cancellation, any expenses incurred by the registrant, such as travel, will not be reimbursed. Registered attendees will be notified by email in the event of cancellation. Send written cancellation requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.